Milagu Kuzhambu is an excellent detox dish , that can be consumed post festive ceremony or wedding ceremony . It helps in digestion . This goes very well with paruppu thuvayal / lentil based chutney , this balances the tangyness and the spice in the kuzhambu. A simple 6 ingredient fix that requires less than 15 minutes to prepare and cook.
For the powder
- First take the tamarind and soak them in lukewarm water for about 10 minutes. Later take the tamarind extract.
- Take a kadaai and keep it on medium high heat , add all the ingredients given under “For the powder” saute them until they turn brown and grind it to a fine powder.
- In the same kadaai , on medium heat add the ingredients given under “Tempering” , and pour the tamarind extract. Once the extract starts boiling , add the prepared powder. Give it a nice stir and allow it to steep in medium heat for 5-6 minutes. The runny consistency will start becoming thick and it will leave the oil on its sides. Remove from the heat and transfer it to a serving dish.
- Serve this with cooked rice accompanied by Paruppu thuvayal / Lentil based chutney.
1) Soaking the tamarind in lukewarm water , makes it easier to take extract and also there will be less watage.