Thayir Pachadi or Raitha can be made in different ways. One such method which my mum often makes is sauteing chopped tomatoes in spices and adding to a cup of whipped curd and tempering it with mustard seeds. Goes superbly well with any kind of main course dish.
|Tomatoes||2 medium sized|
|Chopped coriander leaves||½ tsp|
|Curd||4 tbsps or 2 ladles|
|Sesame oil||1 tsp|
|Mustard seeds||1 tsp|
- Chop the tomatoes into small cubes , slit and chop the green chillies and keep it ready.
- Take a kadaai , keep it on medium heat , add in the oil and allow it to heat up.
- add a tsp of mustard seeds and asafoetida , add the tomatoes and greenchillies , with it add few curry leaves. Add salt and sugar
- saute this until tomatoes turn mushy and it should leave oil in the sides.
- Take it off heat and transfer this to a serving dish.
- Allow this mixture to cool down and than add the curd and mix it. Garnish it with finely chopped coriander leaves.
- This can be served as an accompaniment for Kadhamba Saadham or this can also be served as a side dish to chappathis.