I got up quiet early today morning and I thought “chalo! lemme make zzzeee breakfazzzt”. There is a saying in my house whenever “I” get up early “I” always prepare “UPMA”. So to keep up with the saying , I made upma . I was to lazy to break and grate the coconut so and also I can’t have upma without chutney (No , pickle won’t do). So I was googling and Pinting around for peanut chutney , and I came up with an amalgam of all those recipes..
A simple recipe , it took me exactly 10 minutes to make this chutney. When you have this with Upma it is Deeeeellliiicioussss!!! :D.
One of the best breakfast combo is , Upma , kadleykaai chutney and Madras Filter coffee.
- First , chop the veggies and keep it ready.I’ve used shallots here(I told I was lazy to chop two big onions) , if using shallots take about 7-8 numbers. Arrange all the ingredients near your cooking area and start making this.
- Take a kadaai and keep it on high heat , let it be in high for about 1 minute. Add the peanuts and simmer the heat. Dry roast this until aromatic. Do not burn them.You will see the skins peeling out of the peanuts.
- Take this off the heat and transfer it to a plate , allow it to cool for about 30 seconds and take these peanuts in your hand and start rubbing them in between your palms and blow away the skin. This will take about less than a minute to do.
- Now in the same kadaai , add 2 tbsps of ground nut oil and fry dry red chillies , green chillies ,onion and tomato. Saute them until onion becomes translucent and tomatoes should turn mushy. Put this in a blender jar along with the roasted peanuts.
- Allow this to cool down , then add little water to this mixture and grind it to a smooth paste.
- Transfer this to a chutney bowl.
- Get the tempering ready and pour it over the chutney.