Paneer Fritters / Cottage Cheese Fritters is an excellent tea time snack or can be served as an Entree at parties. Simple , delicious and definitely not calorie friendly snack. If you have air fryer or an oven you can make it , but I prefer deep frying 😉
- First cut the paneer length-wise and keep it aside.
- Take a flat plate and add all the ingredients except oil and bread crumbs.
- Mix it into a thick batter using your hand , I suggest you use your hand for mixing because you will know the right consistency and also there will not be any lumps in the batter.
- Now dip in the paneer pieces in the batter , coat it evenly and cover this with a cling foil and keep it inside the fridge for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes , take it out of the fridge.
- Get the oil ready in a kadaai on medium heat.
- Check if the oil is hot enough by sprinkling little batter into the oil. It should pop out immediately. Then it is ready.
- Meanwhile , spread the bread crumbs in a plate.
- one by one take the paneer pieces and roll it in the bread crumbs and then fry it in the oil.
- Fry them batch by batch. Later take it out after it becomes brown in color and put it in an absrobent paper to take the excess oil out.
- Serve it hot with any sauce or chutney or dip of your choice.
NOTE : Fry the paneer pieces in high heat , do not simmer the heat while they are frying . Simmer the heat while you take the paneer out of the oil.