My mum is an expert in making Arisi roti / Akki roti. This recipe is entirely her’s and I was just watching her prepare this . How I wish to make one ? I shall definitely make one , right now I’m sharing the recipe here with you.
- Finely chop the onions and green chillies.
- Put this in a mixing bowl , add grated coconut , salt and cumin seeds.
- To this add the rice flour and mix them evenly with your hand.
- Add water little by little and mix them like a chappathi dough. It should look like the one shown in the picture.
- Take an iron griddle and keep it on medium heat. Once it gets heated up , take a small portion of the dough mixture and directly spread it on the hot griddle.
- Care must be taken while spreading it out , wet your hand with water and extend its ends , then you’ll be able to spread the dough.
- The size of the roti depends on the amount of dough you take. Here my mother has made medium sized akki roties.
- Make a small hole in the middle and add oil around its edges. Let it fry for about 2 minutes in medium heat , then flip it to the other side.
- Serve this hot with any pickle of your choice. This makes for a great tea time snack.