A simple tea time snack. This recipe is conceptualized by my sister Swathi Ashok.
5 boiled potato
2 green chillies
2 – 3 bread slices
1 tbsp red chilly powder
1/4 tsp turmeric powder
2 tbsps garam masala
1 tbsp onion powder
1 tsp amchur
100 grams fine soji / semolina
. oil for frying
- Boil the potatoes and peel and mash them.
- Take the bread slices , dip it in water for few seconds , take it out and squeeze the excess water. Add this to the mashed potatoes.
- To this add all the ingredients mentioned above (except fine soji and oil) and mix it like a dough.
- Take a small portion of the potato mixture make it into a small patty . Repeat this for the entire mixture.
- Take a plate and spread the semolina on it.
- Take an iron griddle or a pan and pour the oil. This has to be shallow fried and not deep fried. Pour the oil until it covers the entire pan.
- Keep this on medium heat.
- Take the potato patties and coat it with semolina on both sides. This will make the patties crisp.
- After coating them with semolina , shallow fry it on both the sides.
- Serve this hot with hot tea or soup. This makes for an excellent entree.