This is an Andhra style preparation . This is served with plain white rice.
In a plate , serve yourself a generous amount of plain white rice , pour a tablespoon of ghee over it and mix the rice , now add 2-3 tbsps of Garlic Paruppu podi to the rice. Mix it and enjoy this with Avvakaai Pickle or you can also have it with Maangai Thokku / Mango Pickle.
- Take a wok / kadaai , keep it on medium heat. Add a tbsp of ghee.
- Add rest of the ingredients , except pottukadalai / Roasted Gram dal. Saute all the ingredients until aromatic.
- Switch off the stove and now add the pottukadalai / Roasted Gram dal. Saute this in the remaining heat for 2 minutes. Pottukadalai should not be roasted too much as it is already roasted .
- Now spread this mixture in a clean plate and allow it to cool for 10 minutes.
- Transfer the mixture to a blender jar and grind it to a smooth powder.
- Spread the powder in a clean newspaper or plate and allow it to cool down for 15 minutes.
- Later transfer this to an air tight container and store it in a dry place.
This powder need not be refrigerated.