Restaurant style Gobi Mattar Masala.
Recipe Courtesy : Mallika Badrinath , I learnt this recipe from one of her books named “Vegetarian Gravies”.
An excellent accompaniment for chappathi or Malabar Parotta.
For The gravy
- Soak the cashews in warm milk with few strands of saffron for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile wash the veggies , peel , cut them and boil them in water , add little salt. Either cook them in a pot or microwave them for 15 minutes.
- In a blender jar add the chopped tomatoes and onions roughly , later add rest of the ingredients (soaked cashews too, with the milk) and grind it to a smooth paste and set it aside. DO NOT ADD WATER for the paste.
- Take a wok / kadaai , keep it on medium heat.
- Add oil and ghee , temper it with the above mentioned spices.
- Add the ground paste to this and saute them until aromatic. This will take about 7 minutes.
- Now add the cooked veggies with its stock to the gravy and mix. Close the wok with a lid and allow this to boil in low heat for about 12 minutes. Stir in between.
- 12 minutes later remove the lid and garnish it with chopped coriander leaves , kasuri methi and Butter.
Add salt wisely , since we add little salt while cooking the vegetables and then we add salt while grinding for the gravy.