Masaleydaar _French Toast or French Toast with a _Desi _twist. I Recently came across a Video recipe post by “_Home Cooking“,they made something similar to this recipe and I got inspired and came up with my own version.
If you are a true lover of the classic French Toast then please don’t curse me , instead try this Desi _Twist. Very easy to make , it took me 10 minutes to prepare and is quiet heavy for an evening snack with _Chaai.
- 3 Bread Slices
- oil for frying
For the outer coating
- 5 tbsps Besan / Gram Flour
- 1 tsp Red Chilly powder
- 1/4 tsp Turmeric
- 3 tspns Onion powder
- 1 tsp Coriander – cumin powder
- 1 tsp Aamchur / Dry Mango powder
- 2 tsps Garam Masala
- 100 – 150 ml water
- chopped coriander leaves for garnish
- Take a big bowl and add all the dry ingredients mentioned under “for the coating”.
- Mix this with a spoon and add water and finely chopped coriander.
- The batter needs to be in pouring consistency and it should not be too thick. Mix it thoroughly , there should not be any lumps in the batter.
- Take a bread slice and dip it in the batter. Coat the bread evenly on both sides.
- On a heated skillet pour enough oil for shallow frying and place the coated bread carefully on the skillet and toast it until crisp.
- Now flip this for the other side to be toasted.
- Serve this hot with Tomato ketchup or Mint chutney along with a cup of hot Chaai.