Vellarikai Pachadi / Cucumber Raitha , is an excellent body coolant and is a perfect accompaniment for any spicy or tangy dish. This is usually served with sambar and is also consumed with any paratha or phulka.
DID YOU KNOW? 95% of cucumber consists of water , thus making it the most healthiest vegetable. It has the ability to subside any gastric troubles.
Vellarikai Pachadi / Cucumber Raitha
- In a blender jar add all the ingredients : chopped cucumbers , coconut scrapings , green chilly , coriander leaves , salt and water.
- Grind this to a smooth paste.
- Transfer this to a bowl and add curd to this and mix.
- Take a tadka pan or small wok , on medium heat , add ghee.
- Once the ghee gets heated add mustard seeds and asafoetida. Let them crackle. Switch off the heat and add this to the raitha. Mix and serve it along with any of your favorite item as a side dish.